Praying for your husband according to God’s will
Praying for your husband according to God’s will
One time, Jesus’s disciples asked Him to teach them how to pray. Do you think they didn’t know how to pray?
The reason why they asked Jesus to teach them how to pray was that they wanted to learn how to pray according to God’s will. They wanted to learn how to pray effectively.
Praying for your husband according to God’s will is not the same thing as praying according to your will. One of the most important things we are called to do as wives is to pray for our husbands. We can never underestimate the power that prayer has when it’s done the right way, when it’s done in faith, believing that what we pray will come to pass.
I do believe that Christians wives make sure they are praying for their husband all the time. But there is a right way and a wrong way to pray. What we want are prayers that are powerful and full of faith. Prayers that are born by knowing who we are in Christ and how to use the authority that He has given us.
We don’t need the kind of prayers that don’t accomplish anything.
“Lord, bless my husband, watch over him and protect him” Those are the kind of prayers that don’t go anywhere. You mean well when you pray like that, God knows your heart but you want prayers that bring action and activate the blessing over your husband’s life.
This post contains affiliate links, for more info see my disclosure.
How to pray for your husband:
- First of all, pray believing that what you are praying for will come to pass. Jesus said in Mark 11:24, that when we pray, we should believe that we’ve already received what we prayed for and we would get it. Pray with faith.
- Pray from a princess point of view. Say whaaaat? Let me explain; you are God’s daughter and He is the king of the universe, which makes you a princess. A princess that has the authority that her dad has given her. In Matthew 16:19 we read ” And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” So you have the power to bind and loose over your husband’s life. Know who you are and what authority you have in order to pray powerful prayers over your husband.
- Find out what is God’s will for your husband and pray that over him. The best way to find out God’s will is to read the bible. What does the bible say about your husband? Sounds difficult but it is actually very easy to do. I’ll show you how.
- It is very important to pray the answer and not the problem. Trust me, God knows your husband better than you do. So don’t waste your prayer time telling God about all the bad choices your husband makes, or all the times he comes short. Grab a bible verse that applies to his situation and pray that over him instead. I promise you will see results that way.
- When you are praying for your husband, forgive him if you need to, if there is something in your heart against him. Forgiveness is a must if you want to see your prayers answered. Know in your heart that your husband is an imperfect man that needs love, mercy, and grace as we all do.
- Lastly, but very important. Watch what comes out of your mouth. What are you saying about your husband? What words are you confessing over his life? Words have power. If you want to see your prayers for your husband answered, then you must speak according to the word of God. This is extremely important.
How to find out God’s will for your husband
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
3 John 1:2
You can find God’s will for your husband in the word of God. In this bible verse we see that God wants us prosperous, healthy and continuously growing spiritually. When you pray over these 3 areas, you are praying for your husband according to God’s will.
That he may prosper
God wants us to prosper, not only for us and our family to enjoy life but also for us to be a blessing to others. Money is important when God brings money into our lives, it is for us to help those in need. This, not only fulfills God’s will, brings happiness into our life but most importantly sets in motion the seedtime and harvest system. Which eventually bring more prosperity into our lives.
When you pray over your husband’s prosperity, you will be praying for:
- your husband to be in the right place, at the right time and with the right people. Never in the wrong place, at the wrong time with the wrong people
- his job
- his ability to do his job
- favor over your husband
- open doors of opportunity for him to continue to prosper
- for the people that work with your husband to be a blessing to him
- protection while he is at his job
- pray for ideas that will make him prosper
To be in health
It is God’s will for us to be healthy. Please, please, please don’t believe that God brings sicknesses into our lives to punish us, or as a trial to make us stronger or to teach us a lesson. That is a lie from hell.
God never brings any sickness or diseases in our lives. The Bible tells us “Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father…” (James 1:17). Our Father God loves us so much that he sent his son Jesus to carry ALL of our pain, sicknesses, and diseases.
As a mom, I would never put any sicknesses into any of my boys, for any reason. I don’t care how “bad” they have been, it is always my will to see my boys healthy, happy and strong. God’s love for us is even greater than the love I have for my boys. So please, don’t believe wrong. God is a good Father.
Well, now that I got my preaching out of my system let’s continue with praying for health:
- pray that no weapon formed against him will prosper
- that your husband will desire to live a healthy life
- wisdom for the food he puts in his body
- for his physical body to align with the word of God
- speak life and health over him according to Isaiah 53:5
- also, pray for his mental health and peace
- for your husband to have a stress free life by fully relying on and trusting God
- restful nights of sleep
- to be lead by the Spirit of God about the choices he makes about his health
- lastly, for happiness and joy
His soul prospers
In the 3 John, when it talks about “even as your soul prospers” it talks about our spirit growing and maturing in the things of God. It also talks about being more like Jesus, having a relationship with the Lord, developing our faith, etc.
This is the most important area, we are not praying for something that will pass but for something that your husband will benefit 1000 years from now, forever.
- praying for your husband according to Ephesians 1:17-23 and Ephesians 3:14-21 is a must
- that your husband will be led by The Spirit of God in every single area of his life
- that he will draw near to God
- for your husband to know who he really is in Christ
- pray that he will fall in love with Jesus and for your husband to have a personal relationship with The Lord.
- that he will have the desire in his heart to pray and read the bible
- for God to give him a revelation of His word
- pray for him to have ears to hear the voice of God and to be obedient
- for God’s will and purpose to be fulfilled in your husband’s life
- that he will do the works of Jesus
- release the blessing of God over your husband’s life
- That he will be the husband and father that God wants him to be
Praying for your husband according to God’s will is not only our responsibility but besides that, it also brings blessings to our marriage and our families.
I have the book The Power of a Praying Wife and it has really help me to pray for every single area of my husband’s life. You don’t have to do the same prayers she does, but you can use them as a guide. Skip 2 coffees from Starbucks and get the book if you don’t have it already! It will be a blessing for your husband!
If you want to know more about how to fulfill God’s will, I highly recommend this article by one of my favorites, Andrew Wommack. I hope this post will be a great blessing for you and your husband. Don’t forget to also read my post How to pray for a lasting Marriage.
Would you like me to do another guide on how to pray for a specific need (healing, finances) let me know in the comments below. Have a blessed day!
Great wisdom shared here. I also loved your “praying like a princess”. I giggled because I believe you’d probably like my writing too. We’re a bit similar from what I can tell.
Thank you. Well, God is our King so that makes us His princesses!👸
Great post! Scheduled to share on Tailwind. I love how you incorporated Scripture in your post and all the wonderful ideas of how to pray for your bff! Followed you on Pinterest and Instagram as well. Thanks for linking up on InstaEncouragements!
That’s wonderful, thank you so much!
Great article. Pinned and saved. Thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you, I appreciate you!
Hi, I came across your website while searching Godly affirmation videos to listen to. I read this wife my husband. We plan on reading this daily and just replacing with each other’s name. Thank you so much for making this available.
I knew it was confirmation for us both.
I have the book you referenced and I listen to Andrew every day.
I’m so happy that you found this helpful. May The Lord bless you and your husband!!!