How to Speak to Your Mountain?
Have you ever wondered what Jesus meant when he said that you need to speak to your mountain?
For truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says”
By the time you are done reading this post, you will be ready to speak to your mountains and remove them out of your way.
This post contains affiliate links, for more info check out my disclosure page.
What does Jesus mean by speaking to the mountain?
When Jesus talked about speaking to the mountains, he meant for us to speak to our problems. He didn’t say to pray to the Father about our problems; he told us to speak to our problems ourselves.
When Jesus was talking to his disciples about speaking to the mountain, he was talking about 3 things:
- The power of the spoken word: God created the worlds with just his words. The Bible tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. Also, in Mark 11:23 we read that Jesus said that you can have whatsoever you say. We can clearly see that our words have power. I recommend you read The Secret Power of Speaking God’s Word by Joyce Meyer.
- Your authority: To understand your authority first you need to understand who you are in Christ. The Bible tells us we are the body of Christ and the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is in us. You have the power and the authority to take the word of God, the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to stop the devil’s attacks on your life. If you want to know more about your authority, I recommend the book Believer’s Authority by Kenneth Hagin.
- Faith: We all have been given a measure of faith, but it is up to us to make our faith grow. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God, not once but continuously. When you use your faith, your authority and your words together, you can move mountains. I recommend you read Ever Increasing Faith by Smith Wigglesworth and Foundations for Faith by Kenneth Hagin.
Following Jesus’ example
As always, Jesus is the perfect example for us to follow:
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Jesus didn’t pray to The Father for help. He spoke to the winds and the sea and they obeyed him. Jesus knew who he was and the authority he had.
14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.
20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!
Jesus spoke to the fig tree and immediately the fig tree withered from the roots. The disciples could not see it right away because it started at the roots.
When we speak to our mountains (our problems) we may not see the change right away in the natural world but if we speak to them and don’t back down, we should see our mountains move.
Why should we speak to the mountains?
Jesus said in this world we will have tribulations (problems). So, when he told us to speak to the mountains He gave us a way to overcome those tribulations.
We need to be imitators of our Father; He used His words to change the environment around Him. We must do the same; We need to use our words to change the environment around us.
How to speak to your mountain
Remember Jesus and how He spoke to the problems. Here are a few steps that will help you follow Jesus’ example.
1. Know who you are in Christ
Just in case you don’t know, this is a little list of who you are in Christ:
- You are complete in Him Who is the head over all rule and authority—of every angelic and earthly power (Colossians 2:10).
- You are free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
- You are far from oppression and will not live in fear (Isaiah 54:14).
- You are born of God, and the evil one does not touch you (1 John 5:18).
- You have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).
- You have The Spirit of God, who is greater than the enemy living inside of you (1 John 4:4).
- You have received the power of the Holy Spirit and He can do miraculous things through you. You have authority and power over the enemy in this world (Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:17-19).
- You can do whatever you need to do in life through Christ Jesus who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13).
- You overcome the enemy of your soul by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony (Revelation 12:11).
2. Speak to the natural world
Speak directly to your problem; It doesn’t matter what it is: cancer, addiction, depression, financial breakthrough, marriage problems, sickness, etc.
Speak to your mountain, find a verse in the Bible that you can use against your enemy, and speak the desired end results. Remember the word of God is the sword you use for fighting.
Sickness the Word of God said that by the stripes of Jesus I am healed, so I don’t allow any sickness in my body. Sickness I command you to bow down to the name of Jesus and leave my body now and never come back.
3. Speak with boldness knowing you have authority
Do you remember the story of Peter and John found in Acts 3:1-8?
“Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple; Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.”
Peter didn’t even pray for this man. He used his authority and commanded this man to walk. It was God’s power that healed the man, but Peter used the authority he had over sickness and disease to minister the healing power of God.
Peter was bold; he knew that God would back him up. He knew that it was God’s will for this man to be healed and he used his authority to do it.
Believe in your heart that those things which you said will come to pass. Even in you don’t see any difference, keep believing because according to the word of God it will be done unto you according to your faith.
5. Faith without action is dead
Start acting like your situation changed. Stop speaking and dwelling about your problem. Remember, you already commanded your mountain to move so act like it already moved.
For example, if your mountain is financial breakthrough, then think like a person who doesn’t have any financial problems.
- Plan a future vacation.
- You can make a list of things you would like to buy and give to others.
- Start thinking and organizing your budget.
- Imagine yourself being debt-free.
Instead of thinking of your money problems, call those things that are not as though they were. Use your faith and be aware of the enemies of faith.
If Jesus said
If Jesus said that you can speak to your mountains and they will move is because you can do this.
What is your mountain? What have you been praying for?
Maybe you need to speak less about your mountain and speak more to it.
If you don’t know what to say to your mountain, email me or comment at the bottom, and I will be more than happy to help you with this.
As always, don’t forget to share; together we can spread the word of God across the Earth!