How To Share The Gospel In 5 Easy Steps
Have you ever felt uneasy to share your faith? Not because you are ashamed but because you are not sure what to say?
Trust me, you are not the only one. For us it’s easy to talk to our friends, and family, and other Christians about The Lord.
Now, when it comes to talking to strangers sometimes it’s hard to find what to say, when there is so much to say.
That’s why I have put together this little guide on How to Share the Gospel in 5 easy steps.
This post contains affiliate links, for more info check out my disclosure page.
Why is it important?
Out of all the things we can learn in this world, sharing the gospel is the #1 thing we need to learn the most because there is so much at stake.
Every time we share the gospel with a person, we are giving them the option to live and not to die. We are giving them the option to know Jesus and to know the love that God has for them.
Also, we are giving people a chance to have a new life, be forgiven and get a second chance.
Even thought they might not know it, the gift of salvation is what they need the most.
It is our responsibility to share the gospel, the too good to be true news with the lost.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you.
Here Jesus didn’t say “If you want”, He said “Go”. It was a command and not a suggestion. Which also means that we are all capable of doing this. We don’t have to be pastors, or worship leaders, or deacons, we all need to “go”.
There are people in this world waiting to hear from you. They are waiting for you to step out in faith and share with them the love of God.
The gospel is simple, it’s not complicated, it’s the love story of a loving Father.
5 Easy Steps to Share The Gospel
- God: Our story begins with a loving Father that created everything we see. Even you and me. He created us to have a relationship with Him, and to live forever with Him. He is a holy Father that sees all things, even what is in our hearts. (Genesis 1:27)
- Sin: When sin came into the world it created a gap that separated us from God. No longer we were able to come in the presence of our Father. Because God can see everything, He can see the sin in our lives and the Bible tells us that the price for sin is death. (Romans 6:23) So, we were separated from our Father and destined to die.
- Jesus: But God’s love for us was so much that He could not let us die. He gave up His most beloved treasure, Jesus to die for us instead. Jesus, The Son of God, became a man so that He can suffer and die and paid the price that we were supposed to pay. After 3 days, He rose from the dead, defeated sin and death and is now sitting right next to The Father. Jesus is the bridge that we need to cross to go to our Father. (Romans 5:8)
- The Gift: The blood of Jesus that was spilled on the cross is the one that washes away our sins. That is a gift to us. That gift makes us clean, makes us righteous, forgiven and allows us to be able to have a close relationship with our Father and access everything that He has for us. This is the gift of salvation. It is up to us if we accept this gift or not. (Ephesians 2:8)
- Believe: Nobody is forced to accept this gift. If you want it, you need to ask for it, you need to speak it with your mouth and you got to believe it in your heart. Once you do that, you will be saved and a new you will be born in the inside of you. The Spirit of God will come live on the inside of you and will help you in everything you need. Never again you will be alone, Jesus will be with you whenever you go. (Romans 10:9-10)
Always be ready to lead people in the prayer of salvation. That is the best decision they are going to do and you have the privilege to show them how to do it. This is an honor, don’t take it for granted.
Romans 10: 9-10
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.
“Father, I recognized that I am a sinner and I need a savior. I believe Jesus is your son, I believe He died for me and rose again. Jesus I open my heart to you and I accept you as my Lord and savior. I want to follow you and love you. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit and help me to be more like you. In Jesus’ Name I pray” Amen.
Helpful Tips for sharing the gospel
- Our testimony speaks louder than our words. Be a good example.
- Pray for those that you are going to share the gospel with.
- Be led by The Spirit and pay attention to God’s voice. The stronger your relationship with God is, the easier it is to hear His voice.
- Walk in love, you are a reflection of God’s love to the world.
- Keep it simple and easy for people to understand.
- Don’t be pushy, you are just sowing a seed. It is The Holy Spirit’s job to grow that seed.
- If the person accepts Jesus as His love and savior try to connect him or her to a local church. Remember he/she is just a newborn Christian and is going to need help in order to grow.
- Don’t get into arguments. Sometimes people’s hearts are hardened and they won’t receive the good news of the gospel.
- Feel free to share your testimony if time permits it.
- Do not forget to tell that person how much God loves him/her. Make sure he/she understands that God’s love is unconditional.
Finally, let me tell you that we are called to be a light in the darkness. We are called to shine the light of Jesus and to bring that light into people’s darkness.
God will equip you to do the work that He has called to do. You can do this!
Remember that there are people out there that need you to tell them that they are loved. The world needs Jesus.
Feel free to share this post so more and more people learn how to share the gospel and bring salvation to the world.