How To Pray For A Lasting Marriage
How To Pray For A Lasting Marriage
According to Guinness World Records, Herbert Fisher and Zelmyra Fisher were married on 13 May 1924 in North Carolina, USA. They had been married 86 years, 290 days as of 27 February 2011, when Mr Fisher passed away.
They hold the record of The Longest Marriage. Wow, they spend their whole lives together!
For when our 86th wedding anniversary comes around, I’ll be 111 years old and my husband will be 121 years old. 😨Needless to say, I’m not making any plans for that day.
But… what I am planning to do is to spend the rest of my life with the man I promised to love in the good times and the bad times.
I’m planning to do my best to have a lasting happy marriage, and one of the best things I can do is to pray for our marriage.
Are you are looking for a guide on how to pray for a lasting marriage?
Keep on reading because I have the answer for you:
We all know a couple that is divorcing, that is heading that way or that are divorced. Two people that were once in love and that promised to be together in the good times and in the bad times. But once those bad times came they changed their mind, and they parted ways.
It doesn’t matter how crazy in love we are, we need to realize that we are married to an imperfect man or an imperfect woman. There will be fights, let downs, tears, and broken hearts.
Knowing that our spouses are imperfect takes the pressure off of them and us. When we realize that we all need grace and mercy we can move on to a very important aspect of marriage “forgiveness”.
I think forgiveness or the lack of forgiveness is one of the most important reasons there are so many divorces now.
But right now will focus on the positive. We are going to focus on what we can do to make our marriage better, stronger, and happier. We will focus on one of the most important things that we can do for our marriage: Prayer
Praying for a lasting marriage
First of all, let me tell you that praying for our marriage and telling God everything wrong with your marriage or with your spouse is not the same thing. We can all do that 😉 Instead when we pray, we are going to do it from our heart.
Believing that what we are praying for will come to pass. That is the #1 key to seeing your prayers answered.
If we pray and don’t believe, then our prayers will not be any good. We need to believe and trust in God, trust that His will for our marriage will come to pass.
God is our Daddy, and He loves us so much that He wants to see us happy, healthy and prosperous. He wants our marriage to be a light in this dark world. He wants our love to grow every day.
When we have a happy marriage, we have a happy home. When we have a happy home, we have a strong family. Strong families are vital for our society and our future, that’s why marriages are so important.
I highly recommend you read the book Kingdom MarriageKingdom Marriage by Tony Evans, it will be a great blessing for your home.
This is just a guide to help you pray for your marriage:
- For God to always be the center of your marriage.
- Pray that you and your spouse will fall in love with each other every single day.
- That you guys will be led by The Spirit of God.
- To always be obedient to the voice of God.
- Pray for God’s favor and grace on your marriage.
- Pray that you will put each other above everyone else.
- That both of you will come together and draw closer to God.
- To be a couple that prays together and studies the word of God together.
- Pray that The Lord will guard both of your hearts from temptation.
- To always be attracted to one another.
- For God to help you guys realize that both of you are imperfect and make mistakes.
- Pray to always focus on the good and not the bad.
- That you will complement each other.
- Pray for your love to grow stronger every single day.
- To know when to be quiet
- To be each other’s best friends.
- For divorce to never be part of your vocabulary.
- That you will always be happy in each other’s company.
- To always be willing to serve each other.
- To satisfy each other’s sexual needs.
- Pray to have a happy sex life.
- To be quick forgive each other.
- To be quick to apologize.
- Pray to always speak life and health into your marriage.
- To be wise.
- That you and your husband will always be in the right place, at the right time and with the right people.
- For godly friends for your marriage.
- To always have the right words to say.
- That you will always respect each other.
- Be thankful for each day that you have each other.
- That your love will be stronger than any problem you face.
- To have the right words to say during a trial.
- Pray that you will see each other the same way God sees you.
- For your marriage to be a light and an example in this world.
- To never forget to say I love you.
- To have the wisdom to make each other happy.
- Not to be selfish with each other but to think of the other one first.
- To love each other until death do you part.
- To never lose faith in your marriage.
- Enjoy each other’s company.
- Pray for your home to be a peaceful and happy place.
Pray for your marriage with faith.
Remember, there is nothing impossible for God. Even situations that seem impossible to us are possible to Him. There is life and restoration for your marriage in Christ. He can make all things new.
Use this easy guide and learn how to pray for a lasting marriage. Commit yourself to pray for your marriage and your husband and see the will of God come to pass in your home. You will see change, you will see miracles, you will see the hand of God working in your lives.
Also, if you need a guide on how to pray for your husband make sure you read this post.
I hope this guide really help you and blesses you. It is my desire for you to have a happy marriage and a happy life always putting God first and drawing close to Him every day.
As for my husband and I, I really want us to draw closer to God together as a couple, I want us to pray together, go to church and study the word of God together. That’s what I’m believing for. What are you believing God for your marriage? What things would you like to see changed? Leave your comments below.