How to be Strong in Faith
She never imagined that her once handsome and strong husband would be completely bedridden, paralyzed and unable to talk.
A series of strokes changed her life and her husband’s forever.
You can’t tell by talking to her how hard this season in her life has been. She loves The Lord with all her heart and completely trusts Him.
She is always positive, always has a smile on her face, there is peace and joy in the midst of the storm. I know her secret, she is strong in Faith!
I admired her so much because even though she has been through hell and back her faith in God is unshakable and unmovable.
We all go through seasons of hardship in our lives, nobody is excluded. Sooner or later you will experience one of those storms in life, and once you are in the storm it’s too late to prepare.
Having a strong faith will determine how you handle life, the good times and the bad times.
Would you walk by faith and not by sight?
Would you fall apart when hardship comes?
Would you trust God no matter what?
You can’t be strong in The Lord without being strong in faith.Bill Winston
Faith is vital for the believer.
Why do you need to keep your faith strong
- Faith means you trust God. You trust that He is who He says He is, and that He can do what He says He can do. Faith is believing in God, that’s is the reason why without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Strong faith enables God to work in us and through us.
- It makes us strong in our weaknesses.
- A strong faith opens the door to the supernatural.
- You need strong faith in order to be a disciple.
- Faith keeps you rooted and grounded when the storm comes.
- It helps you receive the promises of God (Romans 4:18-20).
- God expects you to grow in faith (2 Thess 1:3).
How faith grow stronger
This post contains affiliate links, for more info check out my disclosure page.
1. Feed your spirit
Whatever measure of faith God gives you, He wants you to grow it. You grow your faith by feeding your spirit with The Word of God.
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.Romans 10:17
There are many ways that you can put the word of God inside of you, here are just a few ideas:
- Reading and meditating on the Word of God daily.
- Listen to faith-filled sermons while you do chores or get ready.
- Listen to podcasts from anointed teachers while you commute. A few of my favorites are Andrew Wommack, Rick Renner, Andy Andrews, and Tony Evans.
- Read faith books. A few of my favorites are: Ever Increasing Faith, You’ve Already Got It, A Sure Foundation, Foundations for Faith.
- Keep post-it notes with bible verses around your house and speak them out loud.
- Listen to an audible bible.
2. Renew your mind
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.Romans 12:2
Align your thoughts with the Word of God. If God said it, believe it and let that settle the issue.
You have to be kingdom-minded by keeping your focus on The Lord and His word. Cast down every thought that does not align with the Word of God.
When you control your thoughts, you can control your emotions. Let your life be led by The Spirit of God and not by your thoughts.
3. Watch what comes out of your mouth
Your words have power, and they have the power to keep you from developing a strong faith.
We need to change our thoughts (renew our minds) in order to change the way we speak.
Instead of always speaking negative, we need to speak The Word of God. Don’t talk doubt and unbelief, that is one of the enemies of faith.
So, talk faith instead, talk healing, peace, joy, prosperity, deliverance.
Speaking faith is one of the elements of faith, it’s how faith works!
4. Pray In The Spirit
But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.Jude 1:20
When I started praying in The Holy Spirit my life changed. I developed a stronger and deeper relationship with God. It requires faith and complete reliance on the Holy Spirit.
Many churches do not teach about tongues because they do not understand it, but this is where the deeper manifestations of God begin. When we pray in this manner, not only are we depending on the Spirit to give us utterance, but we are also building up our spirits, our souls, and our physical bodiesCreflo Dollar
Lastly, Jesus said that in this world we would have many tribulations. When we have a strong faith we are ready for anything that life throws our way.
Build your faith up, when the tribulation comes it’s already too late. Be wise and be ready like a good soldier!
Please share this post, when you share, you help me spread the gospel across the earth.