My First Month as a Christian Blogger
Have you ever been on a roller coaster? One moment you are way up high enjoying the view and then the next you are way low, wondering why did you put yourself through this.
Well, that is exactly how my first month as a Christian blogger went, roller coaster crazy! 😳
Today, I am celebrating my first month blogging. Therefore, my blog is still a baby, it is 1 month old today.
Even though I read, and studied and prepared myself for months in advance, the truth is, only when your blog is live you realize how much work it really is. 😟
- Spreading The Word of God across the Earth!!! My blog was read in 19 different countries this month! 😇
- Having close to 2000 people visit my blog.
- Being grateful for this wonderful opportunity to follow my dream.
- Writing what God puts in your heart because you know it’s going to be a blessing for somebody.
- I got 34 subcribers this month!🎉
- I made my own printable.
- Seeing all the wonderful people that support you and share your content.
- I was able to get into some awesome Facebook Groups.
- I got an invitation to guest post for one of the “big” christian bloggers. (I’m super happy about this).😆
- Seeing God open doors of opportunity.
- Realizing how much you still need to learn.
- The feeling of not having enough hours in the day to do everything you need to do. 😔
- Trying to figure out a Pinterest Strategy.
- Feeling lost.
- Feeling overwhelmed.😳
- Realizing that not all your family and friends support you on your dreams.😕
- Comparing yourself to others.
- Second guessing yourself.
- Not having time to work on your blog.
- Feeling bad for working on your blog so much that you forgot to do laundry, dinner, dishes, etc.
The lessons I learned on my first month as a christian blogger
There are a few things that I learned this first month of blogging. I hope these can bless you too.
- Don’t waste time when you have time to work on your blog.
- Stop getting distracted by things that have nothing to do with your goals.
- Don’t spend all day wasting time on your phone.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. This is your journey and God will help you to make it successful, because He blesses the work of your hands❤️.
- Don’t get upset when your family and/or friends don’t support you.
- Don’t let small-minded people talk you out of what God put in your heart.
- Don’t get discouraged, keep working!
- Don’t think you are done learning, we are never done learning.
- Don’t be afraid to put yourself and your blog out there.
- Don’t stop working hard, it will all be worth it.
- Don’t follow every bit of advice you hear. Figure out what works for you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you need help.
- Don’t stop chasing your dreams and believing in yourself.
- Don’t forget the reason why you are blogging, let it drive you.
- Finally, don’t forget the most important thing: The Holy Spirit is there to help you. He will guide you if you let Him.
- Pray before you start working on your blog.🙏
- Ask for help from the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He is our helper.
- Stay focused and work on the most important thing first. (Mine is to write content).
- Learn Pinterest. (this is a big one).😭
- Study, read, learn, get knowledge!
- Believe in yourself. You’ve got this!
- Starve your distractions and feed your focus.
- Set assigned times for Facebook groups and Social Media.⏰
- You can waste a lot of time checking your email. Unsubscribe from all the junk and keep only the things that are a blessing for your life, your family and your blog.
- Speak life over you and your blog.
- When you are feeling low or overwhelmed, choose to believe the promises of God for your life.
- Know that you are being a blessing to someone.
- Believe that all things are posssible to those that believe.
- Be proud of the work you have done.
- You can and you will!!
- Know that every step you take, gets you closer to your dream.
- Consistent action creates consistent results.
First month of blogging tips:
- Kayla from Ivory Mix has beautiful stock photos, and you can get a bunch for free!
- Also, Kayla from Ivory Mix has a free course on Canva, so you can learn how to do beautiful pins. This is a wonderful course and I can’t believe it’s free!
- Suzi from Start a Mom Blog has tons of valueable information. In addition, she also has courses for great prices, I have a few of her courses and they are extremely helpful. I highly recommend her to all new bloggers. Get on her email list. I promise you won’t regret it.
- Somehow, I don’t remember signing up for a 1000 email subscriber challenge from the girls at Beyond Basic Blogging, but I am glad I did, their emails were super helpful. I even emailed them with questions and they were more than happy to answer them. Check them out.
- Maya from Blog Brand Hustle has a huge list of Blog Tools and Resources. This list will come in handy, she explains the tools and the prices, it is the best resource list you can find and it’s free.
- By His Grace Bloggers, Facebook group is amazing. Come meet new people and share your content!
Stop worrying about how it’s going to happen and start believing it will happen.Terry Savelle
If you are starting on your blogging adventure let me know in the comments. However, if you are not so new, I welcome all the advice you can give me!
Great tips for all bloggers, you’re doing a wonderful job! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
Congrats! You had a huge first month! I can’t wait to see what you do in the future!
Thank you so much!
I’m new to blogging too and this list is incredibly helpful!
Yay, that makes me so happy. That list of resources have been super helpful to me. I wish you the best on your blogging journey!
Glad you are doing so well! I’m right there with you!!!!
I’ll look into a couple of those resources. Even though my blog isn’t overtly christian, we are and i love this post 🙂
Yes, the resources are not only for christian blogs, they are great for all the blogs. I hope you find them helpful!
You are an inspiration! You’ve accomplished a lot just in one month and your site looks terrific! My blog is about one month old as well but sad to admit, I still have a lot to go! Thanks for all the insightful and helpful tips!
I know how you feel, it’s overwhelming sometimes but we can do this!!!
Carolina, congratulations! Thank you for all of the inspiring tips! May God bless you in your journey of spreading joy and love to others!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind words.🙂
You make very good points in this article! I am hopeful that you will reach your goals, because you seek HIM first!
Aww, thank you so much!😊
Wow that is a lot of blog visits for your first month! Congrats! I can relate to all of your struggles.
Yes, it’s definately hard work but we keep moving forward!😉
Sounds like you had an amazing month! I totally understand the highs and lows too. It is so worth the effort though!
I think so too, it is totally worth it.😊
I love it! And so relatable. My biggest issue is”The feeling of not having enough hours in the day to do everything you need to do”. Thank you for sharing this. Now I feel I am not alone 😊
The struggle is real, we need at least 5 more hours added to our day.😁
I needed this post today! Everything you posted on your lows, I have felt this month. And your list of do’s and dont’s is exactly what I needed to read today. Thanks!
I love to hear this, thank you!💗
Great tips! Keep it up! You are off to a great start!!!!!
Thank you so much!
I think you’ve done incredibly well in your first month! You’ve already learned valuable lessons. Keep going. You’ve got this. 😊
Thank you so much!
Best of luck on your journey
Thank you so much and many blessings on yours too.
Congratulations! I am one month short of my 2nd year of blogging. I swam about for almost a year before I truly pressed in.
Thank you, and congratulations on sticking with it, I know a lot of people quit within the first years so you are doing great!
I think the first month is the hardest! Great job and keep moving forward.
Everything has been hard for me 😅 but The Lord has helped me and here I am.
Happy Blogiversary! One thing I have to keep reminding myself is to do it in my time…don’t do something with it I don’t feel right about just to get where someone else is, and know that when the time is right the right things will happen. It’s a whole journey, not a sprint. You’re off to a great start.
Thank you, it’s hard not to compare yourself with others but we our own journey to follow.
These are grEat dos and donts for bloggers. Staying true to yourself and your message is so important. There are distractions everywhere.
I get easyly distracted 😅
Great retrospective! Keep it up, and you’re going to see how far you’ve gone. These milestones will only serve to drive you that next step closer to your ultimate vision!
Thank you for your kind words.
Wow, it’s clear God is working in your life and blessing your journey. Your first-month results are fantastic!! Your list of Do’s and Don’ts was very helpful and great reminders, especially for us ‘newbie’ bloggers. What I really enjoyed most was your reminder and encouragement to put God before all of it. Pray to Him over each blog post and endeavor. Sometimes I forget that in the hustle and bustle of trying to get it done. It’s all to His glory! May He continue to shine His face before you in your journey! Also, thanks for sharing your blogging tips!
Thank you so much for your words of life. I have to put God first because I can’t do this without Him. He is my go to person when I need help! I checked you your blog and you want a wonderful and professional looking blog. I wish you many blessings and opens doors on your blogging journey!
It sounds like your first month was super successful and I totally feel you with no feeling like there are enough hours in the day to do it all. It’s hard!!
There is so much to do!! But little by little we’ll get it done!
Great list and congrats on your fantastic start!
Thank you, just taking it one day at the time and keep on working!
I just started a new Christian blog this month. Great post. Great encouragement for me! Thanks!
I am so happy for you, I am not an expert at all but if you have any questions feel free to contact me. Many blessing on your new blog!
I love to write. I just started my blog 2 dats ago. Thank you for sharing this. It was helpful and I need all the help I can get.
Hi, if you need any help with anything please let me know!
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I started a new Christian blog and your tips are very helpful.
Congratulations on your new blog! Feel free to reach out if you need any help.
I am thinking and praying about starting a Christian blog! I need ideas for how to get started and how to make money. Thanks!
Hi, I can help you. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org