My First Month as a Christian Blogger
Have you ever been on a roller coaster? One moment you are way up high enjoying the view and then the next you are way low, wondering why did you put yourself through this.
Well, that is exactly how my first month as a Christian blogger went, roller coaster crazy! 😳
Today, I am celebrating my first month blogging. Therefore, my blog is still a baby, it is 1 month old today.
Even though I read, and studied and prepared myself for months in advance, the truth is, only when your blog is live you realize how much work it really is. 😟
- Spreading The Word of God across the Earth!!! My blog was read in 19 different countries this month! 😇
- Having close to 2000 people visit my blog.
- Being grateful for this wonderful opportunity to follow my dream.
- Writing what God puts in your heart because you know it’s going to be a blessing for somebody.
- I got 34 subcribers this month!🎉
- I made my own printable.
- Seeing all the wonderful people that support you and share your content.
- I was able to get into some awesome Facebook Groups.
- I got an invitation to guest post for one of the “big” christian bloggers. (I’m super happy about this).😆
- Seeing God open doors of opportunity.
- Realizing how much you still need to learn.
- The feeling of not having enough hours in the day to do everything you need to do. 😔
- Trying to figure out a Pinterest Strategy.
- Feeling lost.
- Feeling overwhelmed.😳
- Realizing that not all your family and friends support you on your dreams.😕
- Comparing yourself to others.
- Second guessing yourself.
- Not having time to work on your blog.
- Feeling bad for working on your blog so much that you forgot to do laundry, dinner, dishes, etc.
The lessons I learned on my first month as a christian blogger
There are a few things that I learned this first month of blogging. I hope these can bless you too.
- Don’t waste time when you have time to work on your blog.
- Stop getting distracted by things that have nothing to do with your goals.
- Don’t spend all day wasting time on your phone.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. This is your journey and God will help you to make it successful, because He blesses the work of your hands❤️.
- Don’t get upset when your family and/or friends don’t support you.
- Don’t let small-minded people talk you out of what God put in your heart.
- Don’t get discouraged, keep working!
- Don’t think you are done learning, we are never done learning.
- Don’t be afraid to put yourself and your blog out there.
- Don’t stop working hard, it will all be worth it.
- Don’t follow every bit of advice you hear. Figure out what works for you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you need help.
- Don’t stop chasing your dreams and believing in yourself.
- Don’t forget the reason why you are blogging, let it drive you.
- Finally, don’t forget the most important thing: The Holy Spirit is there to help you. He will guide you if you let Him.
- Pray before you start working on your blog.🙏
- Ask for help from the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He is our helper.
- Stay focused and work on the most important thing first. (Mine is to write content).
- Learn Pinterest. (this is a big one).😭
- Study, read, learn, get knowledge!
- Believe in yourself. You’ve got this!
- Starve your distractions and feed your focus.
- Set assigned times for Facebook groups and Social Media.⏰
- You can waste a lot of time checking your email. Unsubscribe from all the junk and keep only the things that are a blessing for your life, your family and your blog.
- Speak life over you and your blog.
- When you are feeling low or overwhelmed, choose to believe the promises of God for your life.
- Know that you are being a blessing to someone.
- Believe that all things are posssible to those that believe.
- Be proud of the work you have done.
- You can and you will!!
- Know that every step you take, gets you closer to your dream.
- Consistent action creates consistent results.
First month of blogging tips:
- Kayla from Ivory Mix has beautiful stock photos, and you can get a bunch for free!
- Also, Kayla from Ivory Mix has a free course on Canva, so you can learn how to do beautiful pins. This is a wonderful course and I can’t believe it’s free!
- Suzi from Start a Mom Blog has tons of valueable information. In addition, she also has courses for great prices, I have a few of her courses and they are extremely helpful. I highly recommend her to all new bloggers. Get on her email list. I promise you won’t regret it.
- Somehow, I don’t remember signing up for a 1000 email subscriber challenge from the girls at Beyond Basic Blogging, but I am glad I did, their emails were super helpful. I even emailed them with questions and they were more than happy to answer them. Check them out.
- Maya from Blog Brand Hustle has a huge list of Blog Tools and Resources. This list will come in handy, she explains the tools and the prices, it is the best resource list you can find and it’s free.
- By His Grace Bloggers, Facebook group is amazing. Come meet new people and share your content!
Stop worrying about how it’s going to happen and start believing it will happen.Terry Savelle
If you are starting on your blogging adventure let me know in the comments. However, if you are not so new, I welcome all the advice you can give me!