Dealing with the Consequences of Sin
How to deal with the consequences of sin
It’s so easy to do the wrong thing, isn’t it? 🤔Sin, that’s the reason Jesus came. We all sin, even when we try our best, and then we find ourselves lost, dealing with the consequences of sin.
I remember that as a little girl before I went to bed; I asked God to forgive all the sins I had committed during the day.
You know, hitting my brother and calling him stupid, or not listening to my mom, or having bad thoughts.
I feared to go to hell, so I wanted to make sure I was forgiven before I fell asleep just in case I died during the night.
The guilt of sin is one of the consequences of sin.
The Bible tells us that there is no one righteous person amongst us.
According to the Bible, only God is good, only He is righteous and perfect.🙌
That’s the reason we needed a savior. There was nothing good in us until Jesus came and changed it all forever.
When we accept Jesus in our heart, we are not only making sure that we will make heaven one day but the most important thing that we are doing is, accepting and recognizing that yet we are sinners, Jesus paid for all our sin.
Jesus not only paid for my sin but He paid for the sin of the entire world. The sin from the past, the present and the future, for all humanity forever.
The love, the grace and the mercy of God have paid for all the sin through Jesus.
Why do we sin?
We sin because we have a sinful nature in us. When we are born again, we don’t have the sinful nature in our DNA anymore.
Once we are born again, we become God’s children; we become Jesus’s body and now as part of His family, we have God’s DNA in us.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17
We have become a new person! Yay! 😄
But why do born again Christians sin? 😟
Even though we don’t have the sin nature in us anymore, (because we are dead to sin and alive unto righteousness), our mind still has to be renewed with the word of God. Our flesh wants to keep doing what it has always done.
As we read The Word of God, our mind is being renewed to the perfect will of God. Your mind will determine your actions. When we know God and when we know His will, we will follow it.
And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
God and Sin
God hates sin. There’s no sugar-coating it. When we are sinning we are doing something that God hates.
There are 4 super important truths that we need to know here:
- Yes, God hates sin.
- God loves sinners, He doesn’t love what they do, but He loves the tiny human He created.
- God’s love for you is not based on what you are doing right or what you are doing wrong. He loves you no matter what. He loved you ❤️ when He thought of creating you and His love for you will not change.
- God’s mercy and grace are new every day. Each day we get a fresh start. Because when we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and He doesn’t remember our past wrongdoings any more (1 John1:9).
Consequences of Sin
God wants us to live a good life. It is His will for us to prosper and be in great health even as our soul prospers. He placed life and death in front of us and told us to choose life.
God doesn’t want us to sin because He knows that when we sin we are choosing death. Sin carries bad consequences, and that is not the perfect will of God for our lives.
Everything we do will bring life or death into our lives. Choose life.
If you are dealing with the consequences of your sin, I want to tell you to cheer up. Let this be a lesson for you and learn to stay away from the things that don’t bring you blessings.
Pick yourself back up, don’t carry the guilt. Repent and keep moving forward! Keep your eyes on Jesus and keep walking towards the end of our race. Knowing that Jesus already paid for your sin.
7 Ways to Avoid Sinful Habits
- Love God with all your heart, with all your might and will all your strength. Loving God and having a personal relationship with God will keep you from doing the things that God hates.
- Be led by The Spirit and walk in righteousness.
- You need to want godliness.
- Set in your heart that God deserves the best.
- Know in your heart that if God told you you can do it, it means you can! You have the ability to do it.
- Renew your mind with the word of God. Every single day, feed your spirit and sow the word in your heart. Meditate on it. (There is a great sermon series by Joyce Meyer called “Battle Strategies to Renew your Mind”, you can watch it here.)
- Stay away from temptation. If it doesn’t bring life or blessings stay away from it.
God loves you
Always remember that God is not mad at you. God loves you and He wants you to have a great life. He wants to have a personal relationship with you.
God will help you overcome anything that you are dealing with right now. There is no problem or sin bigger than God. There is nothing that He can’t free you from. Your chains are already broken!
You are an overcomer and all things are possible to those that believe.
If you have a testimony that you would like to share please do so in the comments. It will encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ that are dealing with the consequences of sin.
I’m always praying for all my readers, if you have a prayer request feel free to send me an email.
Have a beautiful and a wonderful day! 😘