31 Parenting Quotes that will make you a better parent
Everybody loves quotes.
We see them everywhere, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, the grocery store, you name it. But rarely we stop to meditate on the truth behind the quotes.
I have read hundreds of parenting quotes, and I have chosen the following quotes because I think they give great parenting advice that will help you be a better parent.
When you read these quotes, take your time to meditate on them and put the advice given to practice. Remember, nothing changes until we do something.
The Bible tells us that a wise person listens to advice and this helps him/her to become wiser, so read them, but be a doer as well.
1. Train up a child in the way he should go but make sure you go that way yourself.Charles Spurgeon
2. The goal of parenting isn’t to create perfect kids. It’s to point our kids to the perfect God.Lindsey Bell
3. Your greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise.Andy Stanley
4. We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home.Harold B. Lee
6. A child is going to remember who was there, not what was spent on them. Kids outgrow a toy and outfits, but they never outgrow time and love.Proud Happy Mama
7. Far too many parents are more interested in their kids making the team than making the kingdom.Dr. Tony Evans
8. It is far easier to shape a child than to repair an adult.Dr. Tony Evans
9. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.Bill Graham
Real Life Parenting Quotes
10. Childhood is a short season.Helen Hayes
11. Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you’ve done will have mattered as much.Lisa Wingate
12. The greatest happiness is family happiness.Joyce Brothers
13. Give to your children the grace, love and forgiveness that God has given you.Carolina Frederick
14. Children learn more from what you are than what you teach.W. E. Du Bois
15. Bad moments don’t make bad mamas.Lysa Terkeurst
16. Instead of solving your kid’s problems, teach them how to think: biblically, logically and emotionally.Lysa Terkeurst
17. Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.Chuck Windoll
18. Don’t try to be perfect. Life isn’t, no one is. Use mistakes and mishaps as opportunities to grow tolerance and to teach. There is such a thing as happy accidents. And love, love, love and listen, listen, listen.Teru Hatcher
19. It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.Ann Landers
Parenting quotes that will touch your heart
20. You will never look back on life and think “I spent too much time with my kids”Author Unknown
21 Never fear spoiling children by making them too happy. Happiness is the atmosphere in which all good affections grow.Thomas Bray
22. A child’s shoulders were not build to bear the weight on their parent’s choices.
23. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House, but on what happens inside your house.Barbara Bush.
24. Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.Matthew L. Jacobson
25. Kids who never have any accountability for their actions will continue through life thinking nothing is their fault and everything is owed to them.
26. The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things… but rather a legacy of character and faith.Billy Graham
27. The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most unloving ways.Jane Evans
28. Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.John Trainer
29. Children spell love with 4 letters T-I-M-E.Max Lucado
30. The most important thing you can do as a parent is to help your kids have a personal relationship with God and help them to get saved.Carolina Frederick
31. Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.Robert A. Heinlein
We all have a big job on our hands, parenting is not easy, yet it is the most important job that God has given us.
Let’s focus on what really matters…our kids.